This recipe is the basic stir fry recipe for pasta. It consists of stir fried veges mixed with pasta with an Indian twist. It can also be made with hakka noodles.
The secret to making good pasta is to cook it perfectly. Not undercooked or Overcooked. Cook according to package instructions. Mostly pasta takes around 20 minutes to get cooked. Also stir while boiling so that pasta is evenly cooked.
Measurement is one of the confusing parameters when it comes to pasta making. I figured out it would be best to use cup measurement. For 1 person, I added 1 cup of pasta and it sufficed. So I count the number of persons and make the same number of cups of pasta. When I’m extra hungry, I add an extra half cup of pasta. No matter what shape your pasta is, this measurement will work. Trust me.
Oil (preferably olive oil)
1/2 onion chopped
Carrots, Capsicum julienned
1 tsp garam masala
Tomato ketchup 3tbsp
Soy sauce 1tsp
Ginger garlic paste
1. In boiling water add 1tsp salt and cook the pasta. Drain pasta in a colander.
2. In a vessel, heat oil and add onions and ginger garlic paste.
3. Add in the vegetables and 1 tsp salt. I have also added potatoes as I personally love them in my pasta. You can skip it if you like. Also add 1 tsp of garam masala for an extra Indian touch.
4. Stir fry the veges for a minute and close the lid on low flame. Allow the veges to get cooked for 3 minutes.
5. Add in 1 tsp soy sauce and 3 tbsp tomato ketchup.
6. Lastly, add in the drained pasta/ spaghetti and 1 tsp pepper powder. Stir well and keep closed in low flame for a minute.
The same recipe works well for stir fry spaghetti/ noodles too.