Puri is every Indian’s favorite breakfast food. It is tasty as well as tummy filling. Only con is that it’s deep fried and hence recommended only once a week. But nonetheless it’s one delicious meal.
Making puri dough is similar to making chapati dough.
For 2 persons, 1 cup of wheat flour cam make 6 to 7 puris.
1 cup wheat flour( I use homemade wheat flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup warm water
1. Combine the ingredients to form a smooth dough.
The secret to making puffy puris is to roll them not too thick and not too thin. The edges should be a little thick. Once you put it in hot oil, you will know the difference.
3. Fill a deep vessel with oil enough to deep fry the puris.
4. When the oil is hot, drop in the puri on high flame and cook both sides 10 seconds each until it turns a light golden color.
* If you use Homemade Wheat Flour, your puris will be softer and fluffier.
* Rolling out the puris to correct thickness is recommended.