For making spicy fried rice or schezwan fried rice, you will have to make a schezwan sauce. It contains simple ingredients and can be made in minutes.
For 2 persons,
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 Capsicum, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 french beans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2 tbsp Schezwan Sauce(Recipe below)
- 1 tsp vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
Ingredients for schezwan sauce, for 1 cup rice,
- 4 dry red chillies(seeds removed)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
1. Boil the red chillies in little water till they swell up(around 2-3 minutes). Blend it with same water in a blender.
2. In a pan, add 1tbsp oil and add ginger garlic paste. When it lightly browns, add the chilli paste.
4. Soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes. Cook the rice in a bit if boiling water till just cooked (10minutes) and drain. Allow to cool.
5. In a pan, heat oil and add onions and garlic. Sauté. Add in all the chopped vegetables, salt and pepper. Stir fry them on high flame till cooked. Add in vinegar.
6. Add the schezwan sauce to the cooked vegetables in the wok and stir it in.
7. Add in the cooked rice and stir/toss it in.
Serve hot with veg munchurian or chilli chicken.