This recipe for fish curry is commonly made in South India. It uses freshly grated coconut. It’s simple and delicious. It goes well with steamed rice and rasam.
For 2 persons,
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 4 small onions(shallots)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder(or 3 dry red chillies)
- 1/2 tomato cut in two
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Tamarind (lemon sized) soaked in water
- Brinjal/Drumstick/Raw Mango
- Cleaned fish pieces
- For seasoning- oil, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds, curry leaves
1. In a blender add the grated coconut, small onions, turmeric powder and chilli powder (or dry chillies). Add 1 cup water and make a fine paste. If the paste is not smooth, the curry will separate when boiled. So make sure to blend well.