Pizza is everyone’s favorite food. Though it isn’t much healthy, it is definitely a crowd pleaser. A kids favorite and a lazy nights dinner, pizza is the answer. You can always order one from Domino’s, but what if you could make them easily at the comfort of your home and save some bucks as well. In fact I love this version of pizza better than the store ones as I can add whatever topping I like(even the weird ones!)
Making a pizza at home requires very little effort and just a couple of ingredients with your favorite toppings of course. So if you have some Mozarella cheese and yeast at home, this recipe is a breeze. So let’s make it!
To make one large pizza,
- 2 cups flour (maida)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp instant yeast powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 1/2cup Black olives
- Chicken/meat pieces
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 packet Mozarella cheese grated
1. To make pizza dough, take flour in a bowl and add salt. In a vessel, warm half cup water and add sugar and 2 tsp yeast. Wait for yeast to froth (2minutes).
2. Adding this yeast water to the flour, make a sticky dough. The dough shouldn’t be dry but it should be a little sticky.
3. Coat the dough in olive oil and cover the bowl with a damp cloth for 1 hour. Let it rise in a warm place.
4. Preheat the oven at 180°C. In the oven tray, spread foil and rub on some olive oil on it.
5. Punch the risen dough and spread it on the foil. If you want a thick base, keep it thick. If you want a thin crust, spread it thin.
6. Poke random holes in the dough using a fork or knife.
9. Top it with another layer of cheese. Optionally you can sprinkle some red chilli flakes or Italian seasoning if you like.
Yummy cheesy mouth watering pizza is ready to relish. Serve hot.
* While adding yeast to the warm water, wait for it to froth before adding to dough. If it doesn’t froth, it means the yeast has gone bad or the water is too hot. Discard it and make again.
* A sticky dough yields a softer pizza than a dry one. So keep the dough sticky.
* The dough will take 1 hour to rise. If the weather is cold, place the dough bowl inside a switched off oven for warmth.
* Use only grated Mozarella cheese for the topping.
* If you have leftovers, refrigerate it. In the next serving, place the pizza slice in a pan, add few drops of water onto the sides of pan and close lid for 3 minutes. This will prevent the crust from hardening on reheating.