Packing isn’t such a big deal…unless you have a baby on board. It takes quite a while for packing things a baby needs which sometimes may even be out of your imagination. I prefer not changing my baby bag because I miss out a few things when I replace it in a hurry. So better write down a checklist and stick it onto a wall. Check it everytime you are leaving the house with your baby to save yourself from going insane. Being a parent means being prepared. I’m pretty sure you know by now the behaviour of a baby which doesn’t get what it needs. Kinda traumatic for us. So better safe than sorry. As you are getting close to your labor, go shopping for your new baby bag and get it ready.
A good baby bag should be big enough to hold your baby’s basic needs. It should have a broad shoulder strap to avoid weighing down your shoulder. Get one with a wipe clean outer linen for easy cleanings. Also many baby bags come with special easy access pockets for bottles and diapers.
Some of the essential items in a baby bag are listed below.
- Diapers (one for every 2 hours)
- Baby wipes
- 2 or 3 bibs
- 1 or 2 set of extra clothing
- Pocket Tissues
- Hand Sanitizer (to disinfect surfaces)
- 2 towels
- Baby Food (Biscuits/Snacks/Cereal)
- Extra socks
- Changing blanket (for emergency diaper changings)
- Washcloths(to clean the burps)
- Pacifier (if you use one)
- Rash cream
- Disposing Plastic Covers (Very important for disposing dirty diapers on the go)
- Breast pads (if you need)
Your baby bag will be a constant companion for many more weeks to come. So choose a light weight fabric bag which can hold all your baby items and is easy on the shoulders.