The ultimate lazy day lunch is curd rice. Creamy delicious curd rice is a tongue satisfying, tummy filling dish which can do justice with pickle alone. On days when Iam really hungry but hate to cook anything other than rice, curd rice comes to the rescue. A little seasoning and fresh thick curd is all you need.
For 1 bowl of curd rice,
- 1 bowl of Cooked Rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 green chilli chopped or slit
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped finely
- 5 small onions (shallots) chopped
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup curd
- Curry leaves
1. In a wok or fry pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and crackle mustard seeds.
3. Once urad dal becomes golden, add in the chopped small onions.
4. Add curry leaves. Do not allow small onions to turn translucent. They should be a little crispy.
Yummy curd rice is ready.