A cheesy dinner is incomplete without soup. It’s a soul comforting food which does wonders when you catch a cold too. This recipe is a basic chicken soup recipe without any cream. It is absolutely delicious and you will be left wanting for more. I could literally have just that for breakfast. Give this a try and it sure won’t disappoint you.
You don’t need a whole chicken. A few boneless pieces will do (half a chicken breast is fine). You can cook the chicken along with the vegetables or cook it separately and save the broth. Add this broth instead of water to the soup. Here I’m using store bought chicken stock cube for an extra taste but that is completely optional. It will taste almost the same with just chicken broth.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 pieces boneless chicken
- 1/2 carrot chopped finely
- 2 beans chopped finely
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 3 cups water
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Chicken stock 1 cube (optional)
1. In a vessel heat butter and add chopped garlic. Sauté for a minute till golden.
2. Add in the raw finely chopped chicken pieces and sauté for a minute.
3. Add in the chopped carrot and beans. Add salt and sauté on medium heat.
4. Add in soy sauce and ketchup. Add in the water (or chicken broth if using cooked chicken pieces). Add 1 cube chicken stock.
6. Disslove cornflour in 2 tbsp water and add this to the mixture. Boil for 5 minutes.
7. Beat egg white in a bowl. Add it drop by drop stirring continuously to get a string like texture.
8. Sprinkle some pepper and serve hot.