Chickpeas are a healthy source of protein and a versatile food. You can eat them raw, canned or freshly cooked. In India they are mostly used in curries and as a snack.
This recipe is a dry chickpea snack with an Indian masala flavor. It’s a perfect combo with a hot cup of tea or a simple snack u can make for those evening cravings.
If you are using dried chickpeas, soak them overnight before cooking in a pressure cooker.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp ginger garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Make a paste of onion and tomato in a blender.
2. In a fry pan, heat oil and add ginger garlic paste. Then add the tomato onion puree.
3. Sauté on low flame till it thickens. Add salt, chilli powder,turmeric powder and garam masala.
4. Once the mixture is thick like a roast, add in the cooked chickpeas and mix well.
5. Once all the chickpeas are coated well, switch off flame. Add in some coriander leaves and chopped onion. Sprinkle a tablespoon of lemon juice on top.