Samosas are a traditional Indian snack which is loved by everyone. It’s the one mandatory snack you need to know how to make in India. It’s the perfect snack for your cup of tea. Filled with a spicy combination of boiled potatoes and meat, it’s a delight to your tummy.
In this recipe I’m using ready made samosa leaf packets you get in the grocery stores. Defrost the required number of samosas you need and seal and refrigerate the remaining.
To make filling –
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4 beans chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 pieces shredded chicken/mutton (cooked)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Coriander leaves, a handful
1. In a fry pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add ginger garlic paste. Add in the chopped onions, potatoes and carrots. Add salt and stir fry until potatoes are cooked.
2. Add chilli powder, garam masala powder. Mix it well and add the cooked shredded chicken or mutton.
3. Check for salt and spice. Add in some chopped coriander leaves.
Yummy samosa filling is ready.
How to fold samosas –
1. Make a paste of flour and water. This will be your sealant for the samosas.
2. Place the samosa pastry lengthwise onto a plate and fold one corner to the bottom as shown below.
4. Now place a heaped tablespoon of filling inside.
5. Fold the remaining loose end inward while sealing the edges. Rub the flour paste onto the last end and seal.
Samosas are ready to be fried! Enjoy them with a dip in ketchup.