An easy delicious snack that you can freeze and fry anytime you wish, that’s what I love about these spring rolls. They taste a little like Indian samosas but a little more crispy. I usually buy the spring roll sheets in packets which make the work a lot easier. You can find spring roll sheets in the frozen section of your grocery store.
You just have to prepare a filling of your choice. I like a vegetable filling with a little Chinese touch. You can even add chicken pieces along with it. If you are in a hurry, just good old scramble eggs with onions as filling will work fine too.
To make the vegetable filling –
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 potato julienned or chopped
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 bell pepper (capsicum) julienned
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Coriander leaves chopped
1. In a vessel, heat oil and add chopped vegetables,salt and ginger garlic paste.
2. Stir fry for few minutes. Then add chilli powder, garam masala, ketchup and soy sauce. Mix well, close lid and allow the vegetables to cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
3. Add in the chopped coriander leaves.
Spring roll filling is ready. Allow to cool.
How to fold –
Ingredients – Spring roll pastry sheets, 2 tbsp flour dissolved in 4 tbsp water
1. Place 2 spoonfuls of filling at a corner of the pastry square.
2. Roll the sheet over the filling halfway through.
3. Apply the flour paste to the 3 corners and fold the two opposite corners inward.
4. Roll it again and keep it corner side down.
Deep fry them until golden brown. You can also freeze them and enjoy whenever you like.