Beef or cattle’s meat is one of non vegetarians favorite. It is an excellent source of high quality protein and excellent nutrition.
In the west, Beef roast is commonly made in an oven. This recipe is a common Indian style beef roast made in a pressure cooker. Beef roast happens to be one of the most loved recipes of kerala. It is of a thick consistency and a perfect combination with flat bread or kerala paratha. You can also enjoy it with rice or chapatis.
- 500 gm Boneless Beef steaks
- 1 inch cinnamon stick, 2 cloves, 2 cardommom
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 bell pepper (capsicum) diced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 heaped tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
1. In a pressure cooker, heat 3 tbsp oil and add cinnamon, cloves and cardomom . Add in chopped onions and ginger garlic paste. Sauté till onions are translucent.
2. Add in chopped tomatoes and sauté Tull mushy.
3. Add in all the spice powders.
3. Add in the cleaned beef pieces, salt and mix well until fully coated with the spices.
4. Add in water just about covering the meat (1 cup). Close the cooker and allow for 5 whistles until cooked.
5. Once the whistle pressure goes off, open the cooker and check if meat is cooked. Keep on medin flame and add in the diced capsicum.
6. Sauté on medium flame until excess water is evaporated and the curry is thick.
Delicious beef roast is ready to relish. Enjoy it with your favorite paratha.